Thursday 3 May 2007

An Introduction to the purpose of this blog

Hi there,

This is Jon Siew here, and I've just started this blog, with a purpose to inspire the people in my life, and other readers as well, to learn to live their lives in a manner that is meaningful and fulfilling.

I'm a Christian, who believes that my existence is because of a God, our Creator, who truly loves me, and each and everyone of us. I also believe that the Bible is the handiwork of divine inspiration from His Spirit leading man to pen down these words of widom, that has remained totally applicable for many generations, inclusive of today.

In the existence of this blog, I will be sharing about lessons and reflections that I've learnt from my life as God teaches me, even as I bring together my life and His Word hand-in-hand to realise what is true and what is not. And to see how life truly “makes sense” in the light of His revelation.

I sincerely pray and hope that the LORD will give me the wisdom and discernment to know and to analyse the issues of society today, and to bring forth short lessons of relevance to whoever may chance upon this blog. With this I ask that the LORD continues to give me humility, to realise that my analysis and thoughts on issues are only limited to the perspectives of myself within them, regardless of how i stretch my mind. And that He gives me a teachable heart as well, to be receptive to guidance by the Holy Spirit to address preconceptions and assumptions of my mind that might not be true after all.

Finally I pray that the LORD will guide me such that these posts of short lessons and observations of life will become of increasing relevance to your lives, and be able to stir a longing to live a life of more meaning and fulfilment through contemplation, by the right means.

*It is my hope that my posts will become relevant to both Christians and non-Christians as well, but at current standings my thoughts are naturally more steered towards Christian brothers and sisters. However, I do hope that non-Christians will continue to read on as well, and realise that the “issues of life” are in fact relevant to all of us man.

In His Love,
Jon

No comments: