Sunday 30 September 2007

Those simple things...

I think one thing is true, that when we go through life we learn more about how to treasure the simpler things, to find joy in them. The very reason that it is usually the simpler things that truly is essential and necessary - like water!

Yeah how have you been in your life lately? May God continue to bless your week ahead, as you live life encouraging another and being encouraged as well by a fellow brother or sister in Christ.

I just want to thank those who have know me personally and have prayed for me over the past few weeks. It has been a real trying time for me, although things have not improved much, I am clearer about certain things even as i continue to seek God in this journey of my life. As much as "love" has been a lesson for the previous 6 years of my life, and something I'm still continuing to learn, it seems as though "faith", "trust" and "prayer" is what's in season for me in this period.

Thanks for those who have done the "simplest of acts" in my life the past few weeks, that of an sms, that of an email, that of a phone call, that of a pat on the back, that of a smile. Thanks. =) It's amazing how its God works through the most simplest of acts in our life, that it can really be something that helps so much in another person's life.

Something I learnt as I seeked God yesterday, that it is difficult to let go of certain hurts and disappointments, but until you truly learn to do so and surrender them to God, your hands will always be occupied, and your heart and mind will always be somewhere else - meaning you will live in your past, that of memories of failures, even though your life consists of far more than that. At least that rings true in my life, so true to the point that a statement came to my mind that I found difficult to mutter. That of "I choose to forgive myself."

So yeah in my life I've begun to learn to let go, to realise that truly there are many things in life I do not understand, and circumstances that strike that I have totally no control over. I will not live in blaming myself, or setting myself down for those moments of folly as in the past, but will pick up lessons from those experiences, learn to work within my current limitations, and be faithful to God my LORD, King and Heavenly Father.

So let me go about this in my life once again, "Try and try again.", and "Live life in encouragement and building another person up to truly knowing himself or herself, through a better understanding of who God is.". May the LORD continue to bless and keep each one of you ever in His presence, where you will find peace, hope and joy, Amen.




In His love,
Jon



Scriptural references:

"12Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

15All of us who are mature should take such a view of things. And if on some point you think differently, that too God will make clear to you. 16Only let us live up to what we have already attained."

-Philippians 3:12-16


"18Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth. 19This then is how we know that we belong to the truth, and how we set our hearts at rest in his presence 20whenever our hearts condemn us. For God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything.

21Dear friends, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God 22and receive from him anything we ask, because we obey his commands and do what pleases him. 23And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us. 24Those who obey his commands live in him, and he in them. And this is how we know that he lives in us: We know it by the Spirit he gave us."

- 1 John 3:18-24

No comments: